AI image generators will create gorgeous, high-resolution images for us. All we have to do is type a description of what we're looking for. We've heard lots of discussion about using large language models like ChatGPT in the classroom. Can we use AI image generators to lead to meaningful learning? Absolutely! In this episode, Matt and Holly talk about some of their favorite AI image generator tools. They talk about classroom activities that can be amplified by AI-generated images. And they talk about some of the implications to keep in mind while using these tools. After listening to this episode, you'll be excited and equipped to start adding AI-generated images to your teaching and learning.
AI image generators: 10 tools, 10 classroom uses on the Ditch That Textbook Blog
In this post you'll find:
10 things to know about AI image generators
10 AI image generators you can use in the classroom
10 classroom ideas that use AI image generators
AI for Educators book by Matt Miller
Artificial intelligence may change the world more than the iPhone, the internet, or even electricity.
It’s bound to change education. (It already has.) But how?
AI for Educators is a readable guide for educators.
- It translates AI through a teacher lens.
- It provides practical ideas you can use in class right away.
- It unlocks powerful ways to streamline teaching and save time.
- It also paints a picture of the future our students will face—and provides questions you can help them grapple with.
We can use AI to empower teaching and learning. And it can start today.
The AI Infused Classroom book by Holly Clark
Ready or not . . . AI is here. Now. And it has concerned and curious educators asking questions:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of artificial intelligence (AI) models, like ChatGPT?
- How do ChatGPT and other large language models change things like the writing process?
- What do we need to understand about large language models (LLMs) and AI’s ability to transform how—and how quickly—we can communicate with our students and peers?
- How can we teach students to use AI appropriately and in ways that enhance their learning experiences?
With the right mindset, the right questions, and the right strategies, you can use AI to create and broaden meaningful learning experiences for every student.